Saturday, 28 March 2015

Bristol Fashion Week SS15

Ahhh, it's my favourite time of year again... Bristol Fashion Week! I hightailed it up the The Mall at Cribbs Causeway on Wednesday for the VIP Spring Summer 2015 Fashion show. Once there I met up with some blogger pals and we had a good catch up over tea and cupcakes before the show.


This year the show had a Destination theme and the pavilion was decked out like an airport departure lounge, which was super cool, the show was hosted by Mark Hayes and Lucy Watson from Made in Chelsea.

The first look to kick things off was Denim from Marks & Spencer. I seriously need a denim jacket in my life this spring summer. I've wanted one for ages but I still haven't found THE one yet. Perhaps Marks & Spencer have the answer. Next up was Mono from John Lewis. I'm heading to Italy for a couple of weeks this year and featured in this scene was a gorgeous black bikini, with a white fringe trim, which would be perfect for posing along the Italian Riviera with a floppy hat to complete the look. I was so distracted by how awesome the model looked that I didn't manage to snap a pic but you can see it on the John Lewis website here.



Warehouse covered the Utility trend really well and I really liked the blue and white duster coat from Jigsaw in the Florals scene. One of my favourite scenes was Festival by Superdry. The embroidered denim shirt above is perfect for festivals and although I probably wouldn't be brave enough to wear an all white dress to Glastonbury this year, the Daisy dress is super cute.


Pastels is another trend that I'm happy to see back this Spring Summer. Pastels just make me think of Spring and Spring leads to Summer and Summer means sunshine..... we hope!

70's Boho is a trend I'm looking forward to trying out. I can see me in some flared jeans this summer and I love all the 70's prints. Sport Luxe by Topshop was such a fun scene. I like that the models incorporate dance in to the catwalk shows. It really makes BFW stand out.



I am in love with the Bold and Bright trend. I feel like I would need a little bit of a tan to feel confident enough to rock it though. I adore the bright orange jumper and green trouser combo from Ted Baker and French Connection. It just screams summer.

After the show M&S hosted a blogger after party with drinks and nibbles. They showcased their key pieces from the upcoming trends this Spring/Summer and we could try stuff on in the gorgeous spacious fitting rooms. Wednesday was such good fun and thanks so much to The Mall for the invite! Definitely check out a show this weekend if you can!

You can find a full list of all the outfits worn by the models here. I also posted a couple of videos to my Instagram if you want to check them out.

B


1 comment:

  1. It was such a fun show, there are so many bits I want to buy now! I can totally see you in a pair of flares. ♥

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete

© Soul Sparkler. Powered by